Carnegie Corporation of New York seeks to hire a seasoned Operations Coordinator to support the work of its Communications Department. This is a high-level administrative position that will be responsible for working across all areas of the Communications Department.
1. Provide administrative support to the Communications Department, including travel arrangements, expense reporting, scheduling, drafting correspondence, and preparing presentations.
2. Coordinate meetings; prepare agendas and itineraries, timelines and meeting materials, track deliverables, conduct follow up to ensure projects stay on track and on time.
3. Monitor and maintain departmental budget and work with the finance department on budgets and expenses.
4. Draft contracts for external vendors and independent contractors. Circulate contracts for internal review and approval, monitor contract status, payments and renewals.
5. Provide project and database management support especially for multimedia and digital content production workflow related to the Carnegie.org website, liaising with and between Communications, program staff, grantees, and grantee communications.
6. Conduct research as needed for content production for website, new media, and other Corporation-related multimedia projects.
7. Provide production assistance in the creation of multimedia content and communications including audio, video production and design.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
Undergraduate degree in the humanities, social sciences, communications or a related discipline. Three years of communications support and/or production experience required. At least 5 years of high level administrative experience. Experience with contract management a plus. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; superior written and oral communication skills. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multitasking environment. Fluency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint,. Awareness of social media and other digital media trends. Should have a strong sense of dedication to public service with interests in one or more of the Corporation’s areas of work. Absolute discretion, initiative, flexibility, maturity, and strong judgment required, as well as strong collegial and collaborative abilities.
Carnegie Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.